Passage #2: Psalms 12:6: And the “words” of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
The words of the Lord are flawless”
The “what” and “who” of the above phrase will be the subject material for this post.
First the “who” of this phrase is: “THE LORD”.
“The Lord” as the keywords in a search of Genesis yielded 142 references. The keywords “The Lord” for the book of Revelation yields 22 References. For the entire Bible this keyword search yields 6,711 References to “The Lord” Use the link to do your own search. http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/
Each member of the Triune Godhead consisting of God, Jesus, his son, and the Holy Spirit are referred to as Lord. Below are the first five results for a topical search of God As Lord, Christ as Lord and Holy Spirit as Lord. If you wish to pursue the study further use this link
God as LORD:
- ABIHU » Summoned by God to Sinai (Exodus 24:9)
- ABINADAB » A Levite, in whose house the ark of God rested twenty years (1 Samuel 7:1,2; 2 Samuel 6:3,4; 1 Chronicles 13:7)
- ABRAHAM » Friend of God (Isaiah 41:8; 2 Chronicles 20:7; James 2:23)
- AFFECTIONS » Should be supremely set upon God (Deuteronomy 6:5; Mark 12:30)
- AFFECTIONS » Should be set upon the commandments of God (Psalms 19:8-10;119:20,97,103,167)
Christ as Lord
- This immeADAM » A name of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:45,47)
- AFFECTIONS » Christ claims the first place in (Matthew 10:37; Luke 14:26)
- AFFECTIONS » Enkindled by communion with Christ (Luke 24:32)
- ALPHA » A title of Christ (Revelation 1:8,11;21:6;22:13)
- AMEN » A title of Christ (Revelation 3:14)
Holy Spirit as Lord
- ASIA » Paul and Silas forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach in (Acts 16:6)
- BAPTISM » OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (Isaiah 44:3; Joel 2:28,29; Zechariah 12:10; Matthew 3:11,16; Mark)
- CALAMUS » An ingredient of the holy ointment (Exodus 30:23; Isaiah 43:24)
- CHURCH » HOLY PLACE (Exodus 28:29;38:24; Leviticus 6:16;10:17;14:13;16:2-24;)
- CHURCH » HOLY TEMPLE (Psalms 5:7;11:4;65:4;79:1;138:2; Jonah 2:4,7; Micah 1
The “what” of the passage is “flawless words” we are going to use “Flawless.”
- 2 Samuel 22:31“As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.2 Samuel 22:30-32 (in Context) 2 Samuel 22 (Whole Chapter)
- Job 11:4 You say to God, ‘My beliefs are flawless and I am pure in your sight.’Job 11:3-5 (in Context) Job 11 (Whole Chapter)
- Psalm 12:6And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.Psalm 12:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 12 (Whole Chapter)
- Psalm 18:30As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.Psalm 18:29-31 (in Context) Psalm 18 (Whole Chapter)
- Proverbs 30:5“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.Proverbs 30:4-6 (in Context) Proverbs 30 (Whole Chapter)
- Song of Solomon 5:2Beloved I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: “Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.”Song of Solomon 5:1-3 (in Context) Song of Solomon 5 (Whole Chapter)
2 Samuel 22:30 echoes what our theme verse Psalms 12:6 says: It is singular rather than plural the word of the Lord is flawless.
Our theme verse says all the words of God are like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
All the flaws are removed. When God speaks whether one word or multiple words are spoken. There is nothing more that needs to be said, for his word or words are flawless without a single impurity.
Job 11:4 Finds one of Job’s “friends”, Zophar, rebuking him with these cynical words: You say to God, “My beliefs are flawless and I am Pure in your sight.
John Gill in his bible commentary on this verse interprets it this way: For thou hast said, “my doctrine is pure and I am clean in thy eyes.”
Gill concludes: My doctrine is pure:free from error, unadulterated, unmixed, not blended with Heathenish principles and human doctrines; but tending to purity of heart and life, as every word of God, and doctrine that comes from him, is pure, yea, very pure, …and indeed so he (Job) was, and every believer is, in an Evangelic sense; as to the new man, which is created in righteousness and true holiness, is without sin, and cannot commit it; and as washed from all sin in the blood of Christ, and as clothed with his righteousness, in which the saints are faultless before the throne… click link for more Gill Commentary.
I would love to flesh out the other verses but know your valuable time has become strained already.
God Bless and make you flawless with the covering blanket of Christ’s shed divine blood.